Employment law expert Melissa Fleischer will explain the intricate details of the new I-9 Form that you need to understand to stay compliant.
What You'll Learn
- What is required to participate in the remote examination of documents?
- What does the DHS-authorized alternative procedure entail?
- Must you be enrolled in E-Verify to use remote document verification?
- Do you need to conduct a live video interaction with the employee?
New Form I-9: Verifying employment eligibility documents remotely?
On August 1, 2023, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services published a revised version of the Form I-9. Now is the time to review the many changes and update your policies and procedures accordingly. A new checkbox allows employers enrolled in E-Verify to indicate they have remotely examined the documents under a new alternative procedure. Before adopting this approach and checking the box, you must understand the proper process and legal obligations.
Who Should Attend?
- Management-side employment attorney
- Over twenty years of experience representing clients in employment law discrimination litigation
- President and Founder, HR Learning Center LLC, an organization that offers training seminars, webinars, and consulting on a wide range of workplace and human resources issues
- JD Degree from the George Washington University School of Law
- This program has been approved for 1.0 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
- This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
CareerLearning Quality Commitment
CareerLearning wants you to be satisfied with your purchase. If this program does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.